snapgap reglage du jeu aux soupapes

On pourra trouver ici tous les bons plans et avis sur les outillages nécessaires, les systèmes de levage, les outils spéciaux et autres solutions pour travailler au chaud.

Modérateurs : jlmartin94, Modérateurs techniques

Phil S
Plus de 1000 msg
Plus de 1000 msg
Prénom : Philippe
Ma voiture : fiat multi prise
#61 Message par Phil S » 25 sept. 2019, 19:28

Vider l'huile pour la remettre ... :innocent: ou ? :mrgreen: :hehhee:

je suis pour le 80 ! Kms/s :blowup:
Mototôle power ! :agadou:

jlmartin94
Site Admin
Site Admin
Prénom : Jean-louis
Ma voiture : 964 Carrera 4 1991

#62 Message par jlmartin94 » 26 sept. 2019, 08:00

Phil S a écrit :
25 sept. 2019, 19:28

ben dans le moteur pardi :mrgreen: :lol:

bricolo :drive: :drive: :drive: :drive:
"Construire peut être le fruit d'un travail long et acharné ; détruire peut être l'œuvre d'une seule journée." ( Winston Churchill )

Phil S
Plus de 1000 msg
Plus de 1000 msg
#63 Message par Phil S » 26 sept. 2019, 20:29

jlmartin94 a écrit :
26 sept. 2019, 08:00
Phil S a écrit :
25 sept. 2019, 19:28

ben dans le moteur pardi :mrgreen: :lol:

Non c'est parce que je suis trauma de la premiere vidange ... Amoco cadiz ... toussa quoi ... :innocent: les doigts rouges violets et l'huile pqui passait au travers ... roh pitaing ! :lol:

jlmartin94
Site Admin
Site Admin

#64 Message par jlmartin94 » 27 sept. 2019, 08:57

petites niouz :
Très très bon contact avec Brad ... produit innovant je trouve, et je suis tout frétillant à l'idée de faire avancer le schmilblick .
Il cherche à faire avancer le truc , et se contente pas de dire "vous avez merdé à l'installation"... je trouve vraiment la démarche top.
je vais de ce pas me recommander un jeu de joints / écrous de caches culbui/catalyseur pour pouvoir réessayer dès que la météo va me permettre .
chu chaud comme un caca :agadou:

dernier échange :
Jean Louis,

I will send you some new screws, new shims and a few extra collars to try out. I will also look for the Torx Head screws I previously tried and send them to you if I can find them. The other screws seemed to tighten better.

As far as the refund, I appreciate your spirit! Let's figure out what is causing the issue. If it is SNAPGAP, I will send your money back later.

In the meantime, when you have a chance to play around in that blind spot on your 964, I will be very interested in the results. That is a very difficult location to do any valve adjustment. I have a '78SC and soon will post a video of installation with the engine in the car -- including an almost blind intake #6. I will send you a copy.

I like your paint marker idea. May be just a spot of "White Out" would work? I will try this.

Thanks again and keep in touch.

Brad

On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 4:22 AM Martin Jean Louis <jean-louis.martin@xxx.com> wrote:
HI Brad ,

It’s a very nice commercial gesture to refund but it’s not necessary ..
I have buyed a tool who is really nice and very well designed , and I knew when I bought it weeks ago that it “propably” need some adjustment to find to perfect fit /perfect use.
It’s a great “adventure” to use such tools that are innovative. I really don’t need a refund 😊 but some more shim & collar/nuts would be useful for sure 😊

So let’s continue, I don’t give up using this tool . I’m not this sort of person 😊 I find the principle very ingenious.
Some fixing maybe , some improvement Ok . but It works . proof for that is that for number 1 cylinder everything worked like a charm .
Honestly , it’s hard to work around the camshafts on a 964 .. little place .. you know. It’s not a myth that many mechanics did not even change the 6th upside spark plug.
The morning I had just swap my transmission gimbals ( right English word ? ) .. maybe was I tired 😊.

Yes the issue is all about collar not firmly “sticking” to the adjustment screw .
I’m over thinking about the oil on the thread … next time I will clean a little bit more … trying to spray some degreaser with some protection around (plastics , towel .. ) . just to be totally sure the collard did firmly stick to the adjustement screw .

2. It sounds to me that on intake #6, the collar is not firmly attaching to the adjustment screw. This may be because the small cap screw was not fully fingertightened before using the 2 mm tool to tighten another 270 degrees. You have to overcome the small threadlocker patch on the screw with the fingert tightening. Note that once finger tight, you can go a bit past the 3/4 turn or 270 degrees with a tool so it is snug. The head of the 2 mm screw may round out if you go 360 degrees, but you are a good mechanic and will be able to feel it. The threads of the 2 mm screw will not harm the collar which is made of a very hard spring steel -- not a soft metal. If you are up for it, try to see if you can lock the collar to the adjustment screw by tightening the 2 mm screw a bit more. There is room for judgment call here.

I was thinking of a soft metal because of the light color .. ( “looks like” aluminium ) … maybe it’s a part/rootcause of “my” mistake. the #1cyl , I wasn’t afraid to overtighten the little screw because sufficient space and comfort let me do the 270° turn with enough ease .. on #6 cyl the lack of space , you know , I was not confident with the 270° or ¾ turn .. ( did I go too far ?? too short ?? )
In french we usually say : “je n’étais pas à ma main”: ”It wasn’t my “good” hand ” .
Other detail , on cyl #1 , after screwing/270° the little head screw , the collard is VISUALLY locked as we cannot see anymore the radial “slice “ inside the collar ( the slice is crushed ) .
On #6 .. it’s almost a “blind” working , Maybe I should have go ahead and try on #2 #4 etc .. cyl …
unfortunately I had lent my gauge & comparator to a friend ,so I did not want to take the risk too not be able to go back and disrupt all the valves because I needed my car on next saturday for the MOT check
Again .. maybe I was too eager to install this tool 😊

3. Another reason for too large a gap on the intake #6 might be a worn rocker bushing or rocker shaft that has play in it. When firmly finger tightening the adjustment screw down to 0 gap rock and jiggle the adjustment screw and rocker back and forth to take out all play. If all play is not taken out, the adjustment will be too wide in the end.

This point is Ok

I have tried Torx Head screws in place of the 2 mm cap head and they just did not work as well :

Why ? they slip /broke ? the torque effort was too strong ? I would like to try to get some torx 2mm screws . maybe only on cyl6 ( access ) it would be easier ?

If you are willing to keep trying :

Oh yes 😊 I did’nt give up 😊 I will just remove the engine on spring probably (knowing me , It could be sooner 😊 ) to be more comfortable to work on .
It’s a C4 .. a little bit difficult than a C2 .. but .. It’s just the 4th time I did it 😊 . It would gives me the opportunity to clean some parts 😊

Last point : maybe would be a good practice to put a drop of paint / Security Check Paint Marker, in the junction between the collar/the adjustement screw just after locking the collar with the little head screw to visually confirm it’s firmly locked .
The only drawback is to wait 10mn that the lack dry .
But this way , the 0,10 gap accuracy is clearly confirmed.

Best regards.

"Construire peut être le fruit d'un travail long et acharné ; détruire peut être l'œuvre d'une seule journée." ( Winston Churchill )

snpemo
Vip
Vip
Prénom : Fabien
Ma voiture : 993 Carrera 1994

#65 Message par snpemo » 27 sept. 2019, 09:07

C'est un technicien dans l'âme et non un commercial ce Brad, le business passe en second plan, ça fait plaisir de partager avec un type comme ça. :ok:

Je pisse sur les twins poussifs et les cylindres à trous qui puent !

Phil S
Plus de 1000 msg
Plus de 1000 msg
#66 Message par Phil S » 27 sept. 2019, 19:22

Tous les Usiens avec qui j'ai échangé assurent un SAV qui devrait nous foutre la honte !
sont pas près de rouler en reno là bas ... :lol:

jlmartin94
Site Admin
Site Admin

#67 Message par jlmartin94 » 30 sept. 2019, 09:28

Phil S a écrit :
27 sept. 2019, 19:22
Tous les Usiens avec qui j'ai échangé assurent un SAV qui devrait nous foutre la honte !
qui nous foutent la honte .. pas qui devrait ... :roll:

sinon des niouzs :

I will consider this paint idea. I want to make sure that the rotation of the cams to the next position will not impact the installation process.

Meanwhile, I shot these videos today of installation on Intake #6 on my '78 SC, with confirmation of adjustment with dial gauge. Of course, this is not a 964 with tighter room to work and I have a lift! But -- perhaps you can see something to assist your next try.

Also, I am thinking what is needed is a deeper socket on the small cap screw. Not so shallow. I cannot find it commercially available but may pay to have them specially manufactured. This would ensure the proper grip on the tool.

Best,

Phil S
Plus de 1000 msg
Plus de 1000 msg
#68 Message par Phil S » 01 oct. 2019, 20:26

jlmartin94 a écrit :
30 sept. 2019, 09:28
Phil S a écrit :
27 sept. 2019, 19:22
qui nous foutent la honte .. pas qui devrait ... :roll:

sinon des niouzs :

I will consider this paint idea. I want to make sure that the rotation of the cams to the next position will not impact the installation process.

Meanwhile, I shot these videos today of installation on Intake #6 on my '78 SC, with confirmation of adjustment with dial gauge. Of course, this is not a 964 with tighter room to work and I have a lift! But -- perhaps you can see something to assist your next try.

Also, I am thinking what is needed is a deeper socket on the small cap screw. Not so shallow. I cannot find it commercially available but may pay to have them specially manufactured. This would ensure the proper grip on the tool.

Best,

les usiens assurent

le SAV qui lui ( devrait donc :mrgreen: ) nous foutre la honte :capello: :roll:

jlmartin94
Site Admin
Site Admin

#69 Message par jlmartin94 » 13 oct. 2019, 17:42

sans commentaire...
vraiment au top.....

je ressors le moteur dès que j'ai deux WE devant moi..
Screenshot_20191013-194054.jpg
Screenshot_20191013-194054.jpg (54.56 Kio) Consulté 8393 fois

Rom1
Vip
Vip
Prénom : Romain
Ma voiture : ex 964 C2
#70 Message par Rom1 » 13 oct. 2019, 21:19

C'est top ça. Se remettre en question et accepter d'assumer ses défauts . Chapeau.

:demon: Breton ET raleur :angelus:

:gangbang: Team HRC :mouche:

snpemo
Vip
Vip
Prénom : Fabien
Ma voiture : 993 Carrera 1994

#71 Message par snpemo » 14 oct. 2019, 07:39

jlmartin94 a écrit :
13 oct. 2019, 17:42
je ressors le moteur dès que j'ai deux WE devant moi...

Tu ne vas pas ressortir le moteur à chaque réglage de soupapes tous les 20000 bornes quand même ? :roll:
Ca serait bien de trouver une solution pérenne moteur en place, non ? :oops:

Je pisse sur les twins poussifs et les cylindres à trous qui puent !

jlmartin94
Site Admin
Site Admin

#72 Message par jlmartin94 » 14 oct. 2019, 08:13

snpemo a écrit :
14 oct. 2019, 07:39
jlmartin94 a écrit :
13 oct. 2019, 17:42
je ressors le moteur dès que j'ai deux WE devant moi...

Tu ne vas pas ressortir le moteur à chaque réglage de soupapes tous les 20000 bornes quand même ? :roll:
Ca serait bien de trouver une solution pérenne moteur en place, non ? :oops:

on peut monter le truc moteur en place .. ( c'est pas pire que faire le jeu avec la cale :hanged: ).
mais j'ai pas mal de truc crados à nettoyer .. ( en particulier ,je me suis un peu emballé ya quelques semaines avec le remplissage d'huile .. j'ai été un peu loin , bref .. faut que je nettoye un petit peu :oops: )
alors je me disais comme ça je vais sortir le moteur et faire tout en même temps .
la carrosserie , les cales snapgap , et un peu de Mrpropre :mrgreen: :lol:

bricem13
Plus de 50 msg
Plus de 50 msg
Prénom : Brice
Ma voiture : 964c2

#73 Message par bricem13 » 22 août 2022, 18:05

Bonjour

Je suis tombé sur ce sujet dans mes recherches sur snapgap. Le sujet est assez ancien mais une mise à jour serait-elle possible ? j'envisage d'y passer sur une 964.

merci par avance
Brice

jlmartin94
Site Admin
Site Admin

#74 Message par jlmartin94 » 22 août 2022, 20:45

déterrage :innocent:

tu veux savoir quoi ?
j'ai pas trop touché à la 964 et au forums ces derniers temps, par manque de.....temps mais je peux refaire le point.

bricem13
Plus de 50 msg
Plus de 50 msg

#75 Message par bricem13 » 23 août 2022, 18:08

Je suis nouveau ici. Donc depuis ton essai pas forcément 100% ok, est-ce que tu as retenté et est-ce concluant? As-tu roulé, éventuellement fait de la piste avec ou est-ce que ta 964 est en réfection ?

Envoyé de mon M2103K19G en utilisant Tapatalk

Rom1
Vip
Vip
Prénom : Romain
Ma voiture : ex 964 C2
#76 Message par Rom1 » 02 sept. 2022, 18:29

Il va pas tarder à repasser par là.

Mais je peux te répondre :
Pour la piste : NON
Pour la réfection : Pas vraiment. Il a eu des problemes de vie et un bruit de transmission. Donc voiture entre parenthèses. Mais là il est revenu aux affaires.

:demon: Breton ET raleur :angelus:

:gangbang: Team HRC :mouche:

bricem13
Plus de 50 msg
Plus de 50 msg

#77 Message par bricem13 » 24 mars 2023, 08:12

Salut

Au final j'ai acheté l'outil de Rennline (ex-Dirk valve tool) et franchement ça marche bien!

J'ai essayé la méthode classique, la méthode au niveau de l'arbre à came et franchement y'a pas photo c'est un outil magique. Je verrai dans quelques semaines au redémarrage.

Envoyé de mon M2103K19G en utilisant Tapatalk

Répondre